<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Fun Stuff • Pink Gator + Science Print + Scallops

The Pink Samurai

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fun Stuff • Pink Gator + Science Print + Scallops

This week, the bluebonnets showed up in Texas and the sun shone a bit more than it had in a long while.  Here at Helms Deep, we kept busy with projects and lots of drawing.  I got Turks a new cat toy that he's been totally obsessed with.  Like, jumping in the hair, catching it in his mouth obsessed.  You can see in the above photo that he's mad I took a break for a photo haha!  But other than that, it's been really chill.  I'm finally over that nasty cold and ready to get out again!

Here's some fun stuff I found online this week...

  • I absolutely adore this bold, mid-century, comic book side table.  I used to make lots of things out of old comic books, and would love to make a couple of these with different themes.  Catwoman, Batman and a manga one!
  • This is a really detailed piece about making a succulent garden in a pink alligator.  You had me at pink alligator.
  • Speaking of pink!  Kat shared this project in her Thursday Treats this week and I loooove the neon dipped candles.  
  • The technique used to make this glass is so unique!  I really want to make some in pink.  The black is cool, but it reminds me of the black ooze in X-Files and I'd rather not be possessed by an alien.

  • I want to live in the fairy tale that is Ahoy Miss ^_^ Everything is pastel and pink and beautiful!
  • The detail on these clogs is so beautiful.  I've never owned a pair of Hasbeens, but in an effort to embrace my Amazonian height and start wearing more heels, I think these would be a great first pair.
  • How fun is the simple design of this fold-over clutch?  The makers used Spoonflower to print their own fabric!
  • Speaking of Spoonflower...I need a dress made of this fabric immediately!  SCIENCE!

  • Shauna shared an article by Grown Up Shoes, a fellow Austinite, in her Link Love this week.  The article talks about perceiving your time differently to avoid feeling guilty about never having enough.  I think it's a great way to change your mindset.
  • Retro Renovations shared 12 reasons to own a mid-century home.  We've been keeping out eyes out for all the mid-century goodness in Austin since we moved!
  • I love these tips for selling on Craigslist.  It can be difficult to find things, but so rewarding when you do!
  • And speaking of Shauna, I love the piece she wrote about changing up routines.  Working from home can be difficult and forcing yourself out that comfort zone and embracing some spontaneity can be good for the soul.

  • This article is really about different ways to display vintage items, but I was instantly distracted by the scalloped shelving.  Someday, I will have these shelves in my life.
  • I love Apartment Therapy's tips for composing a gallery wall around a television.  I've been putting off hanging anything behind ours for months because I just couldn't figure out how to make it look good without being too heavy.  Now I know!
  • Let's talk about how beautiful vaulted ceilings are.  They're really beautiful.  That's all, haha!
  • I pinned this hallway shot earlier this week and have not been able to get it out of my head.  The colors and lighting are so bright and fun!  


ON THE PINK SAMURAI THIS WEEK


Check out more Fun Stuff articles here!  But only if you really like making stuff, geeky things and lots of cats.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Because cats" Best reason ever!!

xoxo
-Janey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home