<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: DIY • Painted Wood Boxes

The Pink Samurai

Monday, March 24, 2014

DIY • Painted Wood Boxes


In an effort to be more organized and more purposeful with our home organization, I got these boxes a few months ago to hold our Copic markers and various crafty tools.  I knew these boxes were going to go out on our open shelving, so I wanted them to be cute AND functional.

This is a super easy way to update your storage and add a little more personality to your space.
SUPPLIES
  • Plain wood boxes
  • White acrylic paint
  • Paint brush
  • Masking tape
  • Contact paper
  • Scissors
DIRECTIONS

For Geometric Shapes
  • Using masking tape, tape off whatever shape you want.  I used a triangle for one, and stripes for the other.
  • Paint inside your shape.
  • Take masking tape off while the paint is still wet.  If you peel off the tape when it's dry or still tacky, it could pull up the paint.
  • Let it dry and you're done!
For cat shape
  • Cut a cat head shape out of contact paper.
  • Stick the shape in the middle of the top of your box.
  • Tape the edges off so no paint drips down the sides.
  • Paint over the whole top of the box. 
  • Carefully pull the contact paper off while the paint is still wet.  I used my fingernail, you could also use anything with a thin edge to help.  Be careful to not smudge the paint around the contact paper during this step!
  • Let it dry and admire your new box.




I really love how these came out!  The flat boxes make great risers for shelf displays, too.  I might have had to move approximately 500 My Little Ponies to take photos of these haha.

Fun thing!  I've just discovered WhimsyBox.  And though I tend to stay away from anything involving the word "whimsy", this website is really fun and I've been browsing their projects and supplies for the last couple of weeks.  They've got almost all the supplies I used for this project, so check them out below if you'd like to try this out yourself.  Full disclosure: I do get a credit if anyone makes a purchase.


Check out WhimsyBox and if you sign up here, you'll get $5 off the subscription box.  Take a peek at their monthly box, projects from users and supplies to purchase.  I'd love to know what you think!  And if you sign up, let me know and we can follow each other!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Love them! ^_^

catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

 
At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Irene - One O said...

easy and cute! exactly the kind of DIY I love the most
xoxo
Irene from www.one-o.it

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home