<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Senior Art Show

The Pink Samurai

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Senior Art Show


So I've been away because of school and the Christmas rush, but I'm bored in Illustration class and itching to blog. Lots of things have been going on, most importantly, the passing of my Grandmother. She was my hero. I have been taking it really hard and it took a week for me to stop crying every day. You'd know why if you had known her. But I know that she loved me and was proud of me, and I can't ask for anything better than that.

Also, my senior year is coming to an end and I had my Senior Art Show. The show had been up for a while and we just had the closing reception on Friday. I had 3 pieces in the show, but this is my crowning glory:



It's a piece I did from a photo I took of Dick. He's the best and I'm so glad I have this awesome piece of him! I made it all from 1" buttons. It's still up in the gallery for the BFA show, so I'll get some more picture of it so I can show the detail. I was so happy that they were able to put it on the back wall in the center so you can really get the impact of it from far away.



I won the Best Graphic Design for my graduating class & Dick won People's Choice! His piece is too phenomenal to talk about without pictures...he had the whole Electronic Gallery to himself. I'll post about that one when I get the pics! Here's some more fun stuff from the show!

Casey Berry won the President's Choice award! We were all winners that night ^_^

My friend Meredith came to seeeeee! I love her (and her coat).

One of the teachers was all up on it.


Accepting the award. Which was a really terribly designed certificate...but I still won!


With our said certificates...and my sister's bunny ears ^_^

More photos from the weekend later. We were in another show on Saturday with the No Division artists!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Blogger Stephanie/pandacub said...

That's is AWESOME!! I love your 1-inch button talent! :D

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Patrizia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother hugs!

What an amazing piece you did! Wow.

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Annette said...

WOW!! That's all buttons? Incredible!

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger angelina la dawn said...

congratulations! your piece is amazing! (wish i could see it in person...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home