<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: Terrible Typography: The Battle Against Awful Fonts

The Pink Samurai

Friday, January 09, 2009

Terrible Typography: The Battle Against Awful Fonts

I'm just gonna say it. I hate Papyrus. It's everywhere. From now until I get so tired of it that I go insane, I will document all the places that Papyrus pops up and haunts me. Exhibit A: I was having a wonderful time the Renaissance Festival with some friends this weekend when I see this.

I was just looking for some handmade jewelry and saw it.  I love Echo & Wild's silver jewelry, but frown upon their company identity.     Then today, I was reading a Game Informer magazine that came in the mail.  I was looking through it, just thumbing through and then set it down.  And guess what I saw on the cover?  The COVER! 
 

Dammit!  It's everywhere.  Maybe by documenting all the ways that this offensive font invades my life, I can convince at least one person to be more creative with their typography.    The battle has begun.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:09 AM , Blogger Edita said...

Amen, sister! I have had this exact rant before. Papyrus is a sin against typography.

 
At 4:13 PM , Blogger Max Cantor said...

I'm a typography-clueless person, so out of curiosity: What makes it so bad? I've love to understand why certain fonts are considered awful by typography experts.

 
At 1:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Laggin Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Instantly Find High Quality Movies, PC Games, Music, Software and Download Them @ Rapid Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

 
At 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.miljkovitch.com/
Uses it as her corporate identity.....
Makes me angry!
Why do such a thing! D:

 
At 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll agree that Papyrus is over-used and just awful, but it pales in comparison to how truly vile Comic Sans is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home