<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://thepinksamurai.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Pink Samurai: New Crafts

The Pink Samurai

Sunday, October 07, 2007

New Crafts

So I tried something that I've wanted to do for a while now. Making bowls from records. I know it's been done before...a lot...but it's still way fun! Especially since the Salvation Army down the street sells old crappy records for .25. So here's what it did!

I picked an awesome record. How amazingly retro is that label?! Plus My Fair Lady is a great movie. Rent it and educate yourself.


Record went on top of an oven safe pot/bowl and then on a cookie sheet. We turned the pan upside down because the bowl was short and we thought it might melt on the sheet.

Tada! After taking it out, I just put it in another bowl and smoothed it out as best I could. I think it looks pretty kickin for a first attempt. Here are the others:


Hooray!

Definitely fun times if you've got some crappy records and a few minutes to spare. We're getting a lot of ideas from this too, so hopefully I'll get back on the ball with writing often.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger Donna Pool said...

Great job, guys! If we ever find that box in the basement with all our records, I'll save some of 'em for you!

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think my fella would have a fit if he saw these! He's a big vinyl lover and collector. If they were scratched up beyond repair though, I think he'd forgive you!

I quite like the wavey sides, they're pretty. Did it make your kitchen smell?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home